View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will play Druid's advocate.

What if every enchanter in the zone had a charmed pet, and there were no mobs to kill?
This actually raises a decent point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies
10. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

- Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR.

- Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

- Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

- Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).
The Druid could argue that the Enchanter was disrupting "the normal playability of a zone or area". The examples listed don't really fit, but clearly at some point (as Lordgordon suggested) charming enough mobs would become disruption ... and of course it would be up to the GM to decide where the line is.

I'd go so far as to suggest that charming just a single mob could qualify ... IF you're charming a key merchant or quest NPC, just to be a dick and prevent someone from using them. What seems to keep the Enchanter in this situation in the clear is:
A) it's only one mob

B) it's just an XP mob

C) the Enchanter is legitimately using the pet, not just denying someone else

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.