View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There absolutely are chemical imbalances. I have seen medications work wonders on people

I have had many people suicidal in the middle of psychotic break thank me weeks later after they were stabilized on medications for saving their life

Don’t attempt to expand your personal experience to the population at large. Not saying your experiences aren’t true, but they do not apply to everyone
Just because the medications do what you intend for them to do doesn't mean chemical imbalances exist. Psych meds come with a slew of life altering side effects and don't for minute think that just because no one prescribes "halodol" anymore doesn't mean that haldol isn't a first choice medication used in inpatient facilities. Tardive dyskinesia is one of the *drug-induced and permanent* extrapyramidal side effects of long term antipsychotic use. The others come sooner, and it's not just "halodol" causing it. Shit makes me so angry. This personal is clearly insane, let's tweak all their neurotransmitters and see if that stops it. Fuck what happens to them if they're quiet.

B-52 is a common chemical restraint in the psych ward.
50mg Benadryl, 5mg Haloperidol, 2mg Ativan IM

Now do they give the benadryl because it's a sedative, or do they give it because it's an offlabel drug to counter extrapyradmial side effects?
Last edited by Cecily; 09-15-2021 at 05:46 PM..