Thread: Forget_pp
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Forget_pp

So everquest came out in 99 and I didn't even know anything bout it. I started a new job and meet a lot of people that talked about a game "everquest" (summer of 2000). I wanted to get to know the game seems I was a gamer growing up (mostly fighting and shooters "golden eye owns"). So one of the guys in which I'm still friends with to this day asked me to come over to his house and check eq out. After watching him play his necro for awhile I knew I was gonna have fun playin and interacting with everyone.

I went out and bough my own copy of eq that weekend, I was 18 at the time and fresh into college. My first attempt at a character was a dark elf shadow knight (cindel), I made it to around 20ish before I just couldn't take it anymore... I had no money and my gear was just junk.. I was wearing leather armor from the vendor and had no real idea in how or where to make money... Nor did my friends tell me anything really. All the kept telling me was to level up. So after many, many deaths and not realizing I even had taunt at level 20 I retired my sk and started a Druid.

Rainwolf was born... Not needing gear as much and being able to kite was the life! I leveled super, super fast and once I got sow it was amazing. Being a healer I tagged along with people whom knew the game and watched all the classes and rolls they played. Being rainwolf wasn't super exciting or anything but I credit everything I learned about eq to him and it was a perfect first character roll.

Fast forward to P99. In which I skipped a TON of my eq life as my necro and monk became my mains. Anyways 2013... Life is sooooo different now and I'm lucky to get 4 hours a week to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm married and my wife has 2 children in which I love them all which is why I only get maybe 4 hours a week on P99. I do love playing and I miss the game TONS. When I'm a work I look up maps and zones thinking bout what to do and blah blah... A lot of times I just wish I could just forget bout everquest period and let the past be the past. I guess it's not too bad seems I never play... Problem is, it's still on my mind. Wish there was more hours in the day so I could play.. It's mind numbing at times cause I know how much there is to do in real life "always"... Never is time. Anyone ever feel this way? I share all this with you cause literally no one really understands how much a game can still weight in thoughts and good times.. The adventure of looking up maps and stepping foot in the zone you have been researching. Needless to say, I've mentioned eq and even some stories to my wife but, no one really understands unless you have been there I don't think.