View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in theory digital currencies don't bother me. it just feels like all the bullshit we got now is just a massive ponzi scheme because it's literally just so fucking retarded on the face of it, and that was before all this NFT shit started. i DO think it's the future but I'm pretty sure bitcoin or any shitcoin ain't it.

i'd have more faith in a government backed digital currency tbf fam than some opensource bullshit thats apparently vunlerable to all kinds of cute man in the middle type attacks
the real ponzi scheme is fiat - all btc did was reveal it. NFT's aren't worth investing quite yet cause there are no good games or use cases for them yet, I can think of a cpl but they won't take off for shit until there's a good foundation built behind it, ethereum etc.

Government cdbc .. I don't know where to start but simply saying a quote from star wars..All those who have power are afraid to lose it. Being your own bank means no one can inflate your hard earned cash via money printer or increasing a digital # on a bank account. If a government that wants to issue any type of cbdc is basically saying "HEy we waNT OuR PrinTER BACK!" and not only can they print it at their leisure they can enable smart-contracts on it. Meaning if you receive Pension or SS or any other gov't assisted program they can control what you buy, when,where and how. Imagine receiving 200$ or 2000$ in a bonus from yer job but that will go obsolete in 3 months If you don't spend it AND you can only buy X from Y at a limited amount Z.
Last edited by zati; 03-14-2023 at 10:11 PM..