View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That type of debate tended to come up more often in the tank discussion than the shaman threads. I don';t recollect you hanging out in those threads all that much until more recent years. Bash resistance is (mostly) universally recognized as a useful trait for a high-end soloist shaman.

Knock against the ogre perk is it's heavily limited towards the soloist and all-or-nothing in nature. Only works if you're getting hit. Look at the wife: Last time we went to West Wastes this past week, we killed, I dunno, maybe a dozen or so nest dragons including a plus-6. She never got bashed even once--the ogre racial would've been utterly worthless even if she had it. P99's community mostly veers towards either solo or raiding; only a minority of people have a permanent long-term duo like we have. Hence we're something of an exception to the norm. For most folks I'd call the ogre trait the best for an established 60 shaman, just like everyone else.

Danth
That may be it. I don't view/participate in tanking threads as often.

I agree FSI is limited to when you are getting hit. In general I believe racials only matter when you are soloing, and most people make Shamans with soloing as part of the equation.

Once you get into duo/group/raid situations, racials don't really matter anymore, unless you are doing the duo challenges perhaps. Just having more people playing with you is saving you a lot more HP/Mana/Time than any racial could.