View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I've said in another thread, convinced my wife to play EQ with me and we've gone Shaman Monk for this experience - it's been very slow but steady and we're up to level 21 now.

Before I ask if I am doing it right, never make your friend/wife that's never played an MMO before have her first character be a puller. I didn't think that aspect through very well.

Mana seems to be an issue, but no canni yet - hopefully that changes things.

I have been casting every buff, which felt good, but going forward should it be:
  • Highest STR buff
  • Highest AC buff
  • Haste
  • Highest STA buff (maybe pointless until higher levels, but heard mend scales)
  • Mid 30s inner fire replacement

From what I've read agi/dex are pointless to waste mana on.

I've been doing burst of strength during fights, quick healing with heal, down time healing with inner fire, and casting a down ranked slow on most mobs, and root adds. No damage anymore from me.

Any tips or advice? Things to change up, or what to do at slightly higher levels. We're pooling the plat and aside from my spells first priority now is getting her a haste item either the hand wraps or fbss.

Further, any recommendations on easy dungeons for this duo/dungeons to 100% avoid?

Lastly, for fd splitting these days without sneak is it really all about having one get back to their spawn, or is there a specific trick to get the walk back timer longer for one?
Reroll and go enc/cleric. It’s better than monk/shaman in like 99% of situations and you will steam roll mobs not to mention she can play cleric which is easier. Make sure she goes human or de for that snare neck, will be a fun duo.