View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Orc

Default Paladin stats & race

My first character on live was a Half Elf Paladin. I never prioritized Wisdom, but I’ve read a few threads stating that it’s the most important stat, especially late game. This makes sense to me because an extra heal/HoT or two would make up for some extra Stamina.

If I were to do it again, I’d probably roll a Dwarf. Others seem to think High Elf is the best option. I compared stats and it looks like High Elves start with only 12 more Wisdom than Dwarves, but Dwarves have far superior melee stats. The Wis gap isn’t huge, so I’d be willing to deal with it, especially if it means I wouldn’t be encumbered all the time.

I guess my real question is how important is the extra Charisma of a High Elf? I know it affects Lull spells, but I don’t think much Paladin gear has CHA, and I wouldn’t go out of my way to stack it. Does a High Elf with 90 Charisma have a massively lower chance of getting a Lull failure than a Dwarf?

If so, how critical is using Lull as a Paladin? I don’t remember using it much, but perhaps I was doing it wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]