Thread: Iksar Necro
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

For sure Hydras! I probably spent too much time in South Karana on my Iksar Necro but wanted to level up in the old world with some RL friends. Some additional input based on my personal experiences:

Nearby access to a decent guard-killing spot (for evil races) when SK is busy-- the 2-3 guards at the NK/SK bridge in North Karana. Terrible loot but an easy camp to hold down with a ZL at your back. This is also a popular spot for evil shamans, definitely duoed the bridge with a shammy in this spot when the guards were tougher to kill

If killing/camping the hermit (popular solo spot in SK at lower lvls), make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the roaming giant(s) in zone. If the hermit is giving you decent exp, the giants can surely wreck you. Make sure to FD if you are using the bathroom or anything. Though FD will kill your pet, saving your summoned pet isn't worth eating a death

Easy access to a dungeon in Splitpaw. This dungeon is great if you stick to the entry area (prior to the double doors) or, conversely, you can go deeper if you know what you're doing and don't train the "top roamer" (past the double doors). Hah, I must say that suffering through one of those Splitpaw trains via top roamer is a rite of passage in my book

Hanging out in SK (long enough) allowed me to eventually kill QM and loot a Pegasus Feather Cloak. This allowed me to levitate for 10+ levels prior to getting DMF. Namely, hanging in SK (esp at off hours) allowed me to randomly kill QM a few times when nobody was farming her. The cloak isn't the *hugest* deal for a necro but definitely a quality of life improvement for those 10-12 levels. And who doesn't love clickies

Though SK is a long zone (North to South), you're very close to the wizzy spires in NK-- make sure to kill the guards if you're hanging near spires. Druid rings aren't too much further but there are many more unfriendly NPCs. This means that it was never too hard / far away from getting a port if something pops-up whilst in SK