View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t take credit, because I stole the strat from Rektyou (check his vids on YouTube, he has one of howling stones and killing frenzy? I believe that ghoul in lguk). The strat to break most dungeon camps is as follows

1. Gnome form
2. Mash face into wall from outside the room to see all the mobs in the room
3. Use the command /target [mob name] to target specific mobs through the wall
4. Cast lull from outside the room (doesn’t require line of sight)
5. Repeat until all mobs but 1 are lull’ed
6. Identify charm target -> mez -> tash -> charm, pull a diff mob outside the room and kill it with charm pet. Repeat until room is clear, charming new pet as necessary

Or, with a GGR, you can skip the lulling

Charm 1 mob, immediately entire room jumps on it. As quick as you can, root everything other than pet. When pet is sub-10% health GGR to break charm, repeat

Or

Another strat I have used is stand outside the room. Lead with aoe mez. Entire room gets mezzed. Then pick whatever you want as your charm target, tash charm, root others. Kill them 1 by 1 via charm pet, selecting new pet ad appropriate

I personally use strat 1 the most to break camps
Okay that I really appreciate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] When the strat is written down step by step like that, it doesn't seem nearly as tough. That will help greatly and I will give that a try in a dungeon my level in the near future.

I currently am subscribed to Rektyou and plan to go through his videos at some point. I do like the fact that as an enchanter, you can go through dungeons by yourself room by room. I really don't know much about the game in terms of dungeons and was looking for a class that could explore them. I was able to do that to an extent with my mage, but knew it wouldn't really last forever. I was 45 and holding my own somewhat in Upper Guk, but I'm also like 15 levels above the zone and barely making it. Lower Guk would have destroyed me lols.

I was also considering just going monk instead but I really wanted to be something that could hang out in Neriak, my favorite city, and I dunno how well they'd do later. I know they're good in SolA when exceptionally geared but little else. I'm really not the biggest fan of iksar but it's hard to ignore how just so much better they are at the classes they can be. It's the same reason I have a hard time picking necromancer; i'd be that dark elf or human and just feel inadequate the whole time knowing iksar exist.
Last edited by tadkins; 04-29-2021 at 08:58 PM..