View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay that I really appreciate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] When the strat is written down step by step like that, it doesn't seem nearly as tough. That will help greatly and I will give that a try in a dungeon my level in the near future.

I currently am subscribed to Rektyou and plan to go through his videos at some point. I do like the fact that as an enchanter, you can go through dungeons by yourself room by room. I really don't know much about the game in terms of dungeons and was looking for a class that could explore them. I was able to do that to an extent with my mage, but knew it wouldn't really last forever. I was 45 and holding my own somewhat in Upper Guk, but I'm also like 15 levels above the zone and barely making it. Lower Guk would have destroyed me lols.

I was also considering just going monk instead but I really wanted to be something that could hang out in Neriak, my favorite city, and I dunno how well they'd do later. I know they're good in SolA when exceptionally geared but little else. I'm really not the biggest fan of iksar but it's hard to ignore how just so much better they are at the classes they can be. It's the same reason I have a hard time picking necromancer; i'd be that dark elf or human and just feel inadequate the whole time knowing iksar exist.
Yeah my next char would be Iksar twink monk most likely or maybe Iksar Necro

Two other things I learned the hard way:

1. You generally want to get in the habit of always leading with mez, then tash, then charm. If you try to just tash then charm, the mob will close the distance before charm finishes and you want to avoid taking any damage if at all possible. You could do root -> tash -> charm but root lasts longer so you are sitting there not able to utilize your charmed pet a bit longer. So the order is mez then tash, then charm. This way you never get hit

2. Hotkey a GCD reset to something you can hit quickly, for me I bound rod of glamour to Q button. When breaking charm, to be really safe you can use /pet guard here button to plant pet far away from you but often in cramped dungeons that just isn’t an option. So instead you would GGR (I hard cast invis since I don’t have a GGR) to break charm, then color shift (aoe stun), then immediately hit your rod of glamour hotkey, which will cast “alliance” on the mob (which does nothing), but it will reset your GCD. This means you will now have enough time to either root or mez while the mob is still stunned from the aoe stun. I choose to root vs melees, mez vs casters. This way you can break charms without being hit, even when the mob is close to you

I used to break charm with invis and not bother to aoe stun, just tank the mob swings while I cast root or mez. Then I would back up and finish the mob. As a chanter your health is 5x as precious as your mana, because it takes about 5 times longer to regen your health in troll form then to regen your mana with clarity. So guard your health like a dragon guarding its treasure. Every time I had tons of downtime, it was because I screwed up and took too much damage from a mob after manually breaking charm. Once you start resetting the GCD after color shift, you will get in the habit of doing it always. Tash -> GCD reset with rod of glamour -> root will allow you to root a mob before it can close the distance and hit you, whereas tash -> root would not give you enough time depending on how far away you are. I started getting in the habit of mashing the GCD reset hotkey after every spell. Usually I hit the GCD reset clicky hotkey so fast that I hit it like 3 times in between spell casts lol
Last edited by unsunghero; 04-29-2021 at 11:04 PM..