View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't include paladin because I don't think relying on calm pulls is going to be very consistent and no FD.
Tell that to every enchanter/cleric who crawls through dungeons with just calm.

As I've told you in your other thread, as well as in PMs, Paladin is the way to go here for what you're trying to do as a melee class.

Calm is extremely reliable, and hitting max CHA on a Pally won't be that hard for pulls, glamour sword helps. And plenty of classes who don't have FD have gotten very high on the solo artist list, so that shouldn't be a requirement either.

SKs are relying on shitty, longer casting lifetaps to survive face to face with a mob. The monk that did all those nameds solo had basically end game ToV loot. That is a metric ass ton of dkp that will take a long long time to acquire. Pretty sure he was still using Soulfire clicks occasionally, which now only Pallies have access to.

A Paladin can self heal for a ridiculous amount of hp in Velious, DW helm/DW Bp heal, can calm, root, stuns, LoH, Soulfire, and WC cap if shit hits the fan. Can also 90% rez yourself if all that fails. If that's not survivability, I don't know what is. At this point in the game on Blue timeline & with P99 changes, this is the best melee class for what you're trying to do solo.

Roll Pally, you'll thank me once you hit 45, and especially at 59.