View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Religion is *really* dumb, but I'm a fan of live and let live, and I don't care what you do in the comfort of your own home or church, as long as you don't try to brainwash my children. (I don't have children, if it wasn't obvious).

However, invoking your religious beliefs in connection with ANYTHING with ANY practical relation to day to day matters, government, morality, etc, should be a bigger faux pas than shitting your pants in public and eating it.

We need to liberate popular morality from religion, like most of Europe somewhat has. Religion is, and always has been, a completely garbage source of morals. Don't forget Jesus' very respectable morality was just an adaptation of Greek cynicism, until modern evangelicals shat all over it with supply side Jesus.

Want to sit in a monastery your whole life praying and trying to get closer to God? (You don't, because you're not pious and you don't actually give a fuck). Be my guest. Just keep your dumb bullshit out of my government, courts, and laws.