View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need details

There were some times in Ultima Online where I was brought to near tears but I am not sure I ever actually let one shed. If you think EQ scamming was bad LOL try UO circa 1999. Scamming/griefing was basically fully sanctioned and promoted by GMs. "Git gud" defines the time very well
the time EQ made me cry was very early in my elf career. i had been trying to get out of level 11 for liek a long time in CB and was only allowed to play an hour a
night (my parents weren't sure that i wasn't inadvertently worshiping the devil or being seduced to evil by th wandering eye on the chanter class symbol thingy). anyway, this
night i got some extra time and the stars aligned and i found a group too and got 2.5 bubs (yellow of course, blue weren't implemented). I had been notified (several times ^^[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] that my time was up, so I made my way to kelethin to camp. It was slow because I was super encumbered with bags full of cloth armor and rusty weapons, but I made it.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell now or not. i was suppose to get off the puter and i HATED the lift. I played on dial up with a k6 266 48mb ram and a voodoo 3 vidya card. I lagged liek a bitch all the time and had fallen THROUGH the lift more than once. well, i decided to risk it and.. i fell through the lift and died. it sucked, but i didn't youth oh well, it happens sometimes, im still ahead on xp and am not lagging now, so I can sell... hop on ththe lift and... fell through again.

honestly can't remember if I tried once more or if that was it, I think i actually tried a third time with the same result. the i remember very clearly however that i lost all the xps that i had earned and would hafta spend my next play session (all 1hr of it) trekking to felwiith to sell my stuff and then back to kelethin to park since i wouldn't have time to look for a group after that.

the times people have made me cry on EQ and other online games include one when people were douches and just wouldn't leave me alone, but mostly just when people were super nice to me.

for game stories, most recent was when Nanamo died in FFXIV.