View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, he reveres Carl Jung and speaks to that area of psychology, which does not exclude philosophy, mythology, or religious teachings. If you take issue with most anything Peterson puts forth, you won't like what Jung had to say on the matter, particularly towards the end of his life. Peterson's fame comes from YouTube, but so what? All kinds of educational content is on there, from Brandon Sanderson teaching lit college courses to Simon Schama talking about the tumultuous lives of painters throughout history.

Also, most if not all young males are degenerates by nature, whether they're conscious of it or not. Young males today just have greater and easier access to explore those tendencies than before. Dial-up internet did not allow for the best uninterrupted smut experience; if you bypassed parental controls using Napster or Kazaa, it took hours to download and the titles/descriptions often didn't match the content. Degenerate? Yes, but back then it required creative problem solving skills and patience. Undeniably good character traits.

That's been a talking point of Peterson's--how we operate based on unconscious drives and expectations within our cultures, often becoming dysfunctional through some conflict of the two, then later perhaps reaching a state of maturity beyond our parents and their parents, recognizing one family's small part in this longstanding, bleak, and largely unfair human endeavor. That isn't pandering at all. That was the shit Hubert Selby wrote about, and what Orwell wrote about in Down and Out in Paris and London.
That's substantially different than asserting a natural hierarchy of the number 1 and calling yourself enlightened. I'm worried you're just name-dropping Jung for cred but I'm not versed enough to know.

Instead I'll do this: putting lipstick on the black pill is pandering, hun.