Thread: Lonely MMO
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you?

The last invite I got was level 6 at orc camps outside crushbone. I’m level 19 now. Not only have I never gotten another group invite, I haven’t seen much chatter in /ooc in any of the zones I’ve exp’d in, other than the occasional “camp check”. I do see some people in duo’s or trio’s and assume they probably rolled chars together

So I can concur for low levels that everyone keeps to themselves and generally doesn’t talk. High level people are usually pretty helpful and toss out buffs and even offer free ports sometimes. For me, not getting invites is no big deal, I’m not asking and if they did invite I would politely decline because I’m 100% focused on farming plat for my first p9@ char (amassed about 2-3k already by level 19 just from vendor drops). Eventually I may want to group, but only when I’ve made enough pp to be comfortable with sacrificing my pp intake for the sake of exp
This is a weird post. You are not asking for invites and seem to be ready to decline any groups and are 100% focused on plat farming, yet it seems from the first few sentence that this is the course you decided upon because you weren't getting any group invites.

Anyway, I don't care about that, I just want to point out the super obvious:

By focusing on plat farming at lower levels instead of actively seeking out xp groups, you are fucking yourself hard over long term. Your 2-3k plat is chump change compared to money you can make later when you level higher, and it will take you 1/10th the time to do it. You are spending 20 hours farming plat so you can buy gear that will improve your leveling rate by like 2%, saving you maybe 5 hours over time.

Also, have you ever sent out a group invite?