View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As in era CSR I don’t remember ever making someone leave a camp for being at it too long, nor do I remember that being told to staff as something that you were allowed to do.

Honestly, back in the day someone holding down camps for days at a time wasn’t really as rampant as it is on P99 really. For various reasons. One being that you didn’t have nearly as much account sharing back then; people guarded their accounts closely and it didn’t become the norm to have guilds sharing accounts for example until a few years in. Another reason was simply lack of knowledge...not everyone knew how valuable certain items could be whether in plat or their use in raids etc (also didn’t know they would later be nerfed so there wasn’t this mad rush to get them).
I definitely never shared my account. Heard of many instances where someone did and next thing you know their account got stripped and sold in RMT!

The other thing that limited the 24/7 camps was server maintenance. I remember the server going down much more frequently (I think almost weekly?) for maintenance. I'm sure that had to do with hardware requirements/limitations for servers 20+ years ago!