View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 06:59 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more I got into playing here the more these new rules came into conflict with my classic experience.
I am skeptical that NOT having these rules wouldn't conflict with your classic experience even more. This is not classic. It is not the classic playerbase. The mindsets are different. The knowledge is different.

You would not have the ratio of people willing or able to poop sock various things in actual classic as you have now. There's only so much that can be done to replicate the classic experience and still actually have more than a dozen players that still want to play. If you didn't have rules on KSing that aren't like classic EQ, then you'd have people KSing to a degree that never happened in classic EQ. The poopsockiest of poopsocks would build around it, plan around it, and play around it. It would not be the classic experience.

You have to remember that without these rules, some people would play entirely differently to take advantage of those lack of rules. So you can't just take the distributions we have now and think it'd be the same without the rules.

Do you think without /list and KSing rules the manastone camp would've been ANYTHING like it was on release? When people didn't know what would happen? Come on, that experience would be way further from classic than what we had instead. You can't compare against classic, that's not an option. You need to compare against what p99 would be without the rules, which still would not be classic.
Last edited by Batty; 05-27-2021 at 07:02 PM..