View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 06:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But isn’t that why MMO’s have the monthly fee * number of players, to cover new content?
It's not about the money, it's about the actual complexity of the content itself. It takes time to make new textures. More complex modern textures and models take more time to make than the limited things made back then.

Edit: Ah you're talking about the last sentence I skimmed over. There's always a cost to scaling and then managing larger projects. The ROI on simple to make and consume is generally better than trying to be the next-big-thing to justify a big budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunglare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but they aren't expansion related. These quest are considered original content. The expansion aren't required for that content.
So does that mean we will see this content Jan 2023? And it should definitely be out on the Blue server by now then. I haven't checked the blue server to see if they are there or not. I think they should add them since it's really good content and it's not like P99 is following the EQ releases exactly.
I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding here. P99 is not "content deemed original." It is "as the server was in 1999-2001." Classic content is not the same as content marked as "not for an expansion."

Those things will never be added to p99. The timeline ends before PoP, anything added after that is not in scope for p99.

P99 is following EQ releases as much as they can, and doesn't have content that far out of scope. I think the most egregious "not in that era" is the pet bar. There are also non-classic things like /list, but that's not the same as out-of-era content. That's "how to balance classic with modern knowledge, playerbase, and playing nice". I don't want to discuss the merit of that line of thought, just point out it's entirely different than adding content not added until later.