Thread: This is Dumb
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 09:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the issue is the scale for mob hp is broken.

IIRC max aggro should be achieved on mobs with hp in the ball park of the higher level DL giants.

I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation here doesn't achieve max aggro until the mobs have 10s of thousands of hp instead.

Original game vast majority of people were using like 6/27 weapons til pas their teens. Of course it was easier for low level SKs to keep aggro against this instead of rogues backstabbing with 13 dmg weapons.

The comments said things like it needed to be repeatedly cast. Obviously the current implementation seems to have underboiled the egg, but the previous was equally wrong.

2 DCs and MAYBE a shadow and you were keeping aggro an entire fight versus very twinked out melees. I don't think that fell under the scope of 'repeatedly'?

Obsidian daggers won't be effective at this point in the servers, even pre nerf. Maybe offhand one while your dual wield doesn't produce many swings (they can proc even if they don't swing), but you need a much better ratio primary to generate consistent white aggro.
The formula for Spell Effect hate is Mob HP/15, so to hit the max of 1200 you would need to cast on a mob with at least 18,000 HP.