Thread: Guild Trim
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60k for Epic
20k for Gear
Time or 100k for Exp

round it out to 200k for a possible 50p tip from a rez, it just wasnt profitable.
I dunno ... it seems to me a nekid level 49 Cleric could still totally make money doing rezzes. You don't need an epic to cast three rezzes an hour (if that), and the only gear you might need to get to the corpse is an invis ring and a SoW pot or JBoots.

I don't think most Clerics passed on Dial a Rez because they lacked plat/gear, I think they did it to join raiding guilds instead. But that's just my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryachart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fwiw it worked great for me. Anytime I was online I'd get solicited for several rezzes an hour, and I met a lot of people through it. Some occasionally expressed interest, usually followed by "....I'd love to join when my cleric gets their epic!"

It's a great use case for a very small guild.
Again, on the consumer/demand side the guild's value is clear, but as you said that wasn't the problem, the problem was finding clerics who wanted to join. I was just offering my guess, which is that that happened because raiding guilds looked more attractive.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.