View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default ...?..??...?!?!!!

Blah Blah...blah...WHAT -EXP AGAIN!!?!

The only thing i dont understand about this is the purpose it is supposed to serve it was originally passed as a bug eventually...what is the point of punishing certain classes for playing that class? i could rant on for hours about this subject but i will try to keep it short...

It makes no sense to have certain classes and races have a -exp bonus first of all some of the (what are supposed to be) hybrid classes arent really hybrids the casters all use each others spells but that doesnt make them hybrid its just like learning some of your first spelsl in D&D (fireball being the most common one). Just because they all use fireball does not meen that they are being hybrids...I could be a warlock and use fireball just like a mage could use a fireball. Warlocks are generally considered evil where as mages are generally considered good. These two types of magic users hate each other and use different methods to cast their spells.

As far as melee classes go first of all bards are not hybrids songs arent really spells in my opinion bards are sort of their own thing. Monks are also their own thing what other class uses their fists more than any other weapon in combat? they dont even have spells the only thing they have in common with other classes is FD and even those are used as spells on the only other two classes that can use it. SKs are sort of a hybrid but they dont really use spells from any other types of magic users as far as a i know (i didnt play this class to a very high level).

What purpose does it serve to have certain races and classes at a disadvantage to other races and classes? There is no point to make these classes and races less played all it does is makes people mad because they cant figure out why their halfing rogue friend is leveling 2X faster than them.

Although i do appreciate this server for bringing back EQ i don't appreciate the server managers adding what was passed off as a bug in the original game.