View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:44 AM
Large Bat

Default Level Range for Experience

[QUOTE=Pyrocat;5144]Unanswered Questions
  • What is the exact mechanic for determining what the upper and lower bounds are for your groupmates to receive experience?

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but in a given group, the lowest member must be 2/3, rounded up, of the highest level to receive experience. The highest level must also receive an experience gained message in order for the lowest level to get experience.

I believe there is a minimum of a 5 level swing, meaning a lvl 1 could group with a lvl 6 and still receive exp.

For example:
A level 10 can group with a level 15 and get exp.
A level 15 could group with a lvl 22 and get exp, but not level 23.
A level 40 can group with a level 60 and get exp.*

*The 60 must be able to receive exp from the mob being killed in order for the level 40 to receive experience. As in, a level 40 can not be grouped with a level 60 that proceeds to slay mobs in Guk Bottom, as most all of those mobs are hard green to the 60; not granting experience to either.*

The 2/3's Level Rule has been around since I can remember playing (early 2000). Everyone I ever played with seemed to know about it. I remember being level 34 and grouped with a 51 that AFK PL'd me in Dreadlands forever ago. Moreso, I have been level 40 and grouped with a level 60 in Splitpaw on Blue Server and received no exp on kills, even though they conned blue to me.