View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Cool The Warrens: Part 3 Levels 19-22

((I am posting this update a little prematurely, as I have not rung in level 22 just yet, but that is intentional; today marks Fatdog's one month birthday! Almost 22 levels in a month of casual EQ; not too shabby))

The Warrens

Part III: Levels 19 through 22.

Are you tired of the constant howling, barking, borking, doggy poo-poo stench of the Warrens yet? Well, too bad, young druid, for we continue our quest for greatness here in this stinking hole, and we're not going anywhere anytime soon. Which is unfortunate, because I am getting really tired of the constant howling, barking, borking, doggy poo-poo stench of the Warrens. But the game of EverQuest is not about fun; it is about filling a wide and deep cavern in one's soul, and so we must persevere.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You are still contractually obligated to hail the heros of this realm as you level; do not be deterred if they call you a 'liah', for you are just and true and your blessing is welcome.

Our targets for the next few levels:

19: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a lesser shaman, a kobold protector
At level 19, the kobold pit fighters will begin to turn green. That's okay; the experience is still pretty good, and it's an easy camp to maintain. I like to kill 2 rounds of kobold pit fighters, and then go kill the Smithy and Foodmaster. Rinse, repeat.

20: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a kobold protector, a large kobold, a pack elder, a pack leader
At level 20, Foodmaster Rargnar and Smithy Rrarrgin will turn green. We're going to keep them in the rotation for a level or two more, though; theys till do give experience, and they give the best faction hits out of the entire zone.
Foodmaster and Smithy have turned very, very green, however, we will keep them in the rotation for this level because 1) they still give experience (it's very slight) and 2) they still give some of the best +faction hits per kill in the zone, aside from other named mobs which we will hunt later.

21: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a large kobold, a pack elder, a pack leader, Prince Bragrnar.

Don't forget to utilize your Harmony spell when you are trying to single out the Prince!

At 21, the pit fighters will still sometimes spawn as dark blues, yielding anywhere between 2 and 3% exp per kill - still worth it!

Once you have danged level 21, it's time to take a breather from the Warrens. On our way out, check your standing with Paineel faction. You are (hopefully) only threatening at this point.

Let's run our cutey patootey little booties back to Erudin. It's time to train Tracking, pick up some spells, and of course, deliver some more mail for our good friend Ticar.

You say, 'Hail, Ticar Lorestring'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Hail, Fatdog - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?'
You say, 'We meet again, old friend.'
You say, 'I am interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail, however, the pay better be good this time, you cheapskate.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?'
You say, 'Fine. I will deliver mail to Qeynos.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.'

Once you have the letter from Ticar, head to the bank. Vendor anything worth vendoring, and withdraw all your PP's. Our level 19 spells are going to set us back a pretty penny. Take all your PP's and the note, and head to the docks.

Phew, it's a good thing this guide leads us to another boat ride; I was beginning to miss the sea.

Once you've landed in Qeynos, give Ticar's note to Tralyn Marsinger. Surprise: they are still shorting us on our compensation, and it's time to file a complaint with the Druid's Union. We can do that later, though. For now, head to the gates of Qeynos and bind there.

Run to Surefall Glade.

Train 1 point into Tracking. After this, I highly recommend putting the Tracking button on your hot bar, and opening your "Keys" settings under controls, and assigning one of your movement keys to that hot button slot. We will max out Tracking in no time, while we traverse Norrath. Yay.

After you've trained Tracking, head to the ranger guild, and find Bukem. You can buy all of your spells if you are a wealthy Druid, but I am not, so I am only buying the necessities:
-Careless Lightning
-Superior Camouflage

After that, find Durvinna Barkkis and buy Barbcoat.

Run to North Karana and find Tak Whistler at the Druid rings. Buy the Shield of Barbs Spell, and continue running Eastbound.

After you have spent four and a half days running across the Karanas, enter Highpass Hold. It is time to complete every Druid's rite of Passage: the Wisdom McWisdom Booky Book of Goodness.

Head to Dyllin Starsine's camp. If he is not up, I highly suggest logging out and playing AltQuest, and checking on the spawn every hour or so. He has an 8 hour spawn window, and you'll go truly mad if you just sit there. It took me a few sessions of AltQuest but Dyllin was finally up on Saturday morning, so I killed him. Die you evil guard man, die.

Once you have the Page 30 of a book, continue your run Eastbound. Head to West Commons and find the kind druid lady woman at the Druid rings. If you can afford it, buy all of your level 19 self-port spells: Ring of Commons, Toxxulia, Butcher and Karana.

My port spells cleaned me out. WTB Fungi Tunic, offering 7 gold, 1 silver, 1 copper.

While you are medding at the rings, if fate smiles upon thee, you will meet your long lost brother!

If you ask me, I really don't see the resemblance but I am certain that my mother would have told me if she made it with a lizardman.

You hug Fatgoose.
Fatgoose says, 'Hail, Fatdog'
Fatgoose says, 'MY BROTHER'
Fatgoose hugs Fatdog.
You say, 'It was fate which brought us together'
You cheer at Fatgoose.
Fatgoose says, 'I remember when you were but a chubby pup'
Fatgoose says, 'chasing me around the chicken coop'
You say, 'lol'
You say, 'this is marvelous'
Fatgoose says, 'you need a sirname!'
Fatgoose bows before Fatdog.
Fatgoose snaps to attention and salutes Fatdog crisply.
Fatgoose says, 'GL out there sir!'
You told Fatgoose, 'god speed!!'

Gate back to Qeynos, play some cards with Moodoro, get that Testament of Vanear and take a few last drags of clean air; you guessed it - it's time to head back into the place we know and love; The Warrens.