View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Ranger Twink Question

I’m considering starting a ranger for something new to do since my Monk is 58 and the grind had really set in. I have a 60 enchanter and 50 Pally plus the Monk. The enchanter was leveled first followed by Monk then Pally.

I’ve read in the other thread about most fun class to twink for many it was a ranger. My question for those that have rolled rangers did you find the spell set of rangers or is it going to be like the Monk and Pally where you hit auto attack on a dark blue until level 50? I know that’s a big part of EQ but I enjoy twinking Melee since they scale so much better with gear. Overall budget would be about 180k. Fungi and Seahorse Belt have already been purchased.

Also, I Used a 2 hander the whole time on Monk and Pally and really was looking forward to dual wielding on the Ranger but I’ve also read that Woodsman staff is going to outperform pretty much everything until about 50? Could have been just level 30 to 50 can’t remember exactly.

How much worse dps would I see if I used a Swiftblade of Zek and possibly EoN in offhand (know it’s not that great but fashionquesy and open to suggestions on offhand)? I guess I would just have a hard time dropping 65k on weapons when a 4K staff would be better.

I usually don’t have more than an hour or two to play so having some solo ability is nice which has kept me away from making a rogue since they are so group dependent.

Thanks in advance for the feedback/advice.

Barlu