View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the first things I did on P99 was revamp the tradeskills. At the time, there was a player named Astarothel who was exploiting the status of the peq db to manufacture non-classic items, as well as players who were abusing platinum ruby veil resale values. I spent a lot of time basically overhauling the tradeskill database from scratch so it's extremely unlikely that there's anything that was missed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem now isn't that the info is wrong, it's that it lacks information about when stuff was added. The old EQ Traders message board would have been handy for tracking down some of that info ... but really we can probably find all that with just Wayback and the main site.

The real reason I wish I could read the old message board was ... maybe as an old school tradeskiller you'll remember this, and it's something that bugs me about the tradeskill implementation here. On Live, I remember it being very well established wisdom that success/failure did not impact skill-ups. Like it was a common myth that they did, and the people who were seriously into tradeskills did experiments and stuff to prove it was a myth.

I know memories are crap, but I remember that "truth" very strongly from old school tradeskilling. The biggest reason I want access to the old message board is so I can find proof to make them work classically here (ie. make skill-ups independent of success/failure).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2019 at 04:17 PM..