View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Now speaking of Application processes.... When Ghxst finally kicked the bucket, I applied to Riot. I had a nice interview with a recruitment officer which turned into like a 2 hour chat about raiding on p99 and old war stories. She was really cool. Name is slipping me though, maybe she was German? Anywho, after that interview, I was told that I needed not one but TWO people to vouch for me before I could even formally apply to the guild. Not only that, but people couldn't vouch for more than one recruit at the same time.

At the time, I wasn't playing p99 much. I knew I had old AM friends in Riot, but WHO? Who even still played? I spent some time /who riot all, not recognizing anyone, asked the recruitment officer if I could have a list of their raiders to see who I could even ask, and the people that I WAS seeing and recognizing were already "Vouches" for other people.

I mean here I was, an Abashi monk with a laundry list of 60 toons I could play, I'm good at the game, I don't cause trouble, and have been a raider on the server for 4 years at this point, know what to do in just about every raid encounter on every class, have been told that I am funny, and I need two vouches to even apply???

That, my friend, was the most grueling application process for a guild i'd ever encountered. And certainly the highest bar to apply to a guild on p99 that I have ever personally seen, Maybe Rampage or TMO was worse, but I wasn't really around the raid scene than. Thankfully, 3 or 4 days later, Detoxx hit me with the "Yo ride with me one last time". Because I was at a loss, and had very little motivation to seek out people who would vouch for me to kill uncontested dragons.

So no, I disagree. AM's application process was as fair and unbiased as possible. We raided in AM for years and the only two people to come up with were Swiftyfist and Teraclon... out of what, 1000+?? And the controversy with swiftyfist was that he was LET IN. And Teraclon was already in AM for years before he was booted. Also two terrible examples to hang that flag on and you know this =P
I would just like to jump in here and say that I believe we found the "error of our ways" in this recruitment process and state that no longer are you required to have any sponsors like this. It was quickly realized that it was not working, and for exactly the reasons that you state, members couldn't sponsor if they already sponsored someone currently. We tried it and it didn't work out. I personally feel like we have evolved to a recruitment process that works much better now.

P.S and that German girl was most likely Iris(ana), she is great isn't she!