View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

"Classic" can mean two very different things to different people: I like to categorize it as "classic mechanics" vs. "classic environment".

As Swish pointed out, mechanically ZEM changes aren't classic. But you're not wrong either: it would feel more classic if we had people spread out across many zones, the way they were in classic, instead of clustering in certain "hot zones" (especially when those "hot zones", like The Hole, weren't "hot zones" in classic ... making things feel extra "un-classic" in terms of the environment).

Usually the staff here prefer classic mechanics over classic environment ... but it's not 100%. It took them 10 years, but they did finally nerf Soulfire, for instance (a clearly unclassic change, mechanically ... which made for a much more classic environment). So similarly here there's a chance they'll decide that making "hot zones", where most of the server goes to XP, isn't the most classic option (overall).

Personally I think the most classic thing staff could do is change ZEMs and either not tell us, or be super cryptic about it in the patch message ... because we all know that's the sort of thing Verant would have done to solve this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-24-2021 at 01:20 PM..