View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious about your thoughts on Druids. Playing one right now and it's still a goal of mine to one day see a raid. But I worry because it's the most populated class and I'm told it's not very powerful in a raid scenario. I'm also worried about the potential conflict of a druid not wanting to raid PoG as a Tunare follower, and getting backlash/kicked for that. Am I worried for nothing? xD

That guide you mention you're working on would probably be a tremendous resource for a lot of folks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As both a Shaman and a Druid, I can weigh in on this thread:[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The large number of druids is winnowed to a small minority who actually play them to end game or use their abilities in full, much less raid. A good druid is a solid healer in a raid or group for support heals, group regrowth(at 58), Harmony, etc. They pass shamans for support heals in Velious which a raid force includes if they are wise. DPS wise, druid is as weak or strong as you gear and play, but mine was duoing Estrella and bear pits in classic; not for everyone but a testament to their ability.

As for Shaman: Much more gear dependent then a necro or enc by far, but it is not hard to reach max wisdom in kunark with effort. Also: to anyone who doesn't think a 60 shaman without Torpor can be god level and turn tricks, it's because they dont want you to know they exist! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elijaman Wolfcaller / Wardru Bladefury <Green>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (37).jpg (20.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pof.jpg (105.6 KB, 14 views)