View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like people in this thread are making the mistake of thinking of the USA as a single, unified culture. The people of the USA are not all part of the same group; they comprise many groups. Coastal liberals, Midwest types, Southern Whites, Southern Blacks, rural westerners, New Yorkers of many stripes, many other groups/demographics...New Orleans has its own thing going...even just the state of Florida has dozens of subcultures or cultural-social pockets. In the USA, we are not all the same...and I find that awesome.

One article I read claimed the USA has eleven “nations” within it. The article had a name for each one and showed their borders on a map. That’s probably just one person/publication’s interpretation of the truth, but I see their point.

This is partially due to the many waves of immigration to this continent over the last 500+ years. It’s also partially due to the sheer size of the USA. And perhaps it’s partially due to the one of our country’s core values: that it’s OK to be who you are as long as you aren’t infringing on the rights of others.

Certain other countries may be similar (Brazil, Britain, idk), but it’s my understanding many countries are more culturally cohesive.

I expect it will be hard for us to pinpoint the reason for the USA’s “prudishness” (or depravity, depending on who you ask) because there are so many separate cultures within it.

There are prudish individuals as well as sexually liberated individuals here.
Last edited by Videri; 01-01-2020 at 03:10 AM..