Thread: TCH in Colorado
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the big issue with the limits being set in Colorado. I believe it's currently set at 5 nanograms per liter of blood which supposedly a daily smoker would have in their system at all times. Plus, a lot of people don't like LE's ability to force you to get a blood test for a traffic infraction such as speeding because the LEO thought you were high. There's a big gap between a breathalyzer and a blood test.

Similar arguments can be made about blood alcohol and tolerance. Although I will admit ignorance as to the amount of ambient THC a daily user would have in their system even when not experiencing any effects.

I live in Washington and we're having the same issues though we haven't even gotten around to figuring out how to sell the stuff yet.

Problem is, ya gotta start somewhere and even if being high doesn't make you as dangerous as a drunk it still impairs your ability to drive. I also feel like some groups are bringing up this argument because they're actually anti-marijuana and want to get people who would normally be pro-marijuana to still be against this legislation.

People can be arrested for driving under the influence of painkillers too. Driving while impaired (DWI) has a pretty wide margin for interpretation.

To answer the OP:
1) Yes
2) Yes

It's still federally illegal and some jobs may be required to test in order to continue w/ their contracts.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth