View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 05:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm currently working on a full restoration of classic music.

The client used for P99 is missing some instruments from its soundfont, because back when sound cards were still a thing, they came with their own instrument banks built in.

Since we don't use sound cards today, this causes the music to come across choppy, and sound like it's missing some things. It's a relatively simple client-side fix however, and here's a video of some before and after comparisons so you can hear the difference for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__3xM0aSyA

As the next part of the overhaul, I'm working on adjusting the sound emitters so that the music actually plays when and where it should, instead of cutting in and out unpredictably.

Once complete, I intend to release the changes as a a standalone modification at a bare minimum, depending on whether or not there's enough interest to make these part of the core classic changes.
I did somthing similar years ago but due to lack of interest I only did a few zones. The first zone I did was Ocean of Tears. I think I was the first person on twitch to steam the boat ride from Freeport to Butcher with working boat music.

I tried to revive what I was doing back in July 2020 but due to lack of interest moved onto other things.

You can find the post Here feel free to use the soundfont it's complete with the missing instruments.

Good luck with this, converting then editing the emt files can get laborious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]