View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiping red would undermine everything this server stands for. And why would they put a new pvp server up so 20 people can play while spamming blue server chat with toxic posts? If anything have 2 blue servers up. Red has been a ghost town since it was formed.
We don't need to get into it here, but red was not always a ghost town. Red has a very stillborn beginning all the way back to beta days. It had a custom non classic ruleset and gm corruption issues and all sorts of things that made it hard for the server to be a success.

A true classic server experience with proper timeline and an actual classic ruleset, or a classic discord old world only server that has "seasons" (classic was 1 season only) would allow the pvp to happen but in a less sad and dead way.

I think the best option given the pop is the discord server that has an end date where the winner is declared. The other best option would be an actual rallos zek item loot server. The next best option would be a custom teams no item loot server but I am less excited about that option because custom rulesets are easy to do wrong and are probably more effort than they are worth.

But really anything is worth while. Right now it is an orphan. Do something with the characters or leave them orphaned but changing it up would be fun. I would be able to pull 4 hours a week on a pvp server that wasn't in such a sad shape with nothing fun to do.

Part of the attraction of rallos zek rules is that you can do pvp at a variety of level ranges that is actually rewarding in its own way. You don't need to hit level 60 to start playing the game, you can play it at any level and try to do battle for zone control among your peers. The more you risk gear wise the better you are in battle, but you might lose it to someone. Its great.
Lost but not forgotten.