View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 04:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no the weigth restriction is not a valid excuse
Yes, yes it is. Any monk worth his salt is not going to be walking around with tons of plat. If I have more than 20 plat on me at any one time it's a christmas miracle. I specifically carry a stack of dots to pay for ports and then replenish that stack from a reserve in the bank.

Porting is just providing a service. No more, no less. It's not you being mother teresa shepherding the wayward souls across all corners of norrath. You're the equivalent of a pizza delivery driver, pretty nice but ultimately replaceable.

I love DAP, at this point I've gotten so many ports from jaydee I've probably put 1 or 2 of his little druid children through norrath community college. The "standard" of 1pp per level is arbitrary. Saying a level 20 should pay 20pp or a level 30 should pay 30pp each time they ask a non-guildy for a port is expecting too much. Imo it's much more reasonable to say something along the lines of 1-20 (depending on character gear twinkage) free, 21-44'ish 15-20p, and 45+ 30p. And like I said if they go over and above or you are rich and feel like it drop them even more.