View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last thing the raiding meta needs is MORE mario kart. At least with the current Vulak engage there are a ton of roles that need to be filled by a ton of people. Footrace is just 4-6 people from each guild doing a thing and everyone else sitting on their ass until they finish.
In regard to this and the meta switching of the raid scene... I kind of think it's been fun and interesting how the raid scene has changed over the years. While this isn't my favorite way to raid ToV, it's cool how much it's changed. And even years (at this point) since the dragons were rooted, new strategies are still being implemented every week.

You say it's Mario Kart, I say it's a fun 5 minute event per mob to decide it's fate in a no hard feelings way. I don't think there should be a racer limit. And if there is one, it should be high, like 10+. So that everyone can get a chance.

Have you ever been in a raid guild during a race meta? POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP VULAK VULAK GOGOOGGOGOOGGOGOOGOGO... shit is fun. And it easily decides the mob.

Like i've said before, racing in ToV besides maybe doze is nothing like racing in other zones. You have to run through a LOT of mobs that will one round you. If kittens brought 10 people to the line, I'd give them at LEAST a 10% chance of winning the mob, even more once they got better at doing it. Compare that, to a 0% chance of winning a mob in tov bringing 10 people.

We could even make it a community event. If all the smaller guilds agreed to a "Race for ToV" event, we could try it out the first window after a quake.

DA Idols will be an issue. Perhaps that's something we can fix collaboratively.

Rotations? No fun. I don't think the GM's are too keen on it either. The competition on this server is fun, and shouldn't be stamped out so that everyone can get a chance at ToV loot molten core style.

If you hate racing, suggest something else plz i'm very much all ears