View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not correct. It DID work. There is less of both poopsocking and GM's intervening on raids as a result of variance being introduced.

Skope, you're arguing in circles: You say variance is bad, someone else says how bad an alternative would be, and then you say "if you want to know what my alternative would be, PM me," and go back to saying "it's bad & not classic, so get rid of it."

There are two ways out of this circle: either stop posting, or write out your actual alternative proposal so that people can take a look at it. Or both! You can stop posting here, and start writing up a legitimate proposal to be submitted privately to Nilbog or whoever for evaluation as an alternative to the current system. That way you don't have to deal with the oh-so-villainous TR members straw-manning you and defending your monopoly - it can be nice & quiet.
No, it didn't work. Those of us who played here last summer can vouch for this personally -- especially those in DA and IB. There was no FTE then, it was first come first serve. The only mobilization that occurred during that entire summer and part of that spring was racing to the next poopsock spot. Poopsock wasn't a valid raid technique, it was a large loophole that variance couldn't cover up.

And I'm not going to post any of my alternatives here. But i will say what's been posted, including crazy-FTE by aadill, rotation by others, are options that I'd never favor.

Anything that I would propose would go straight to nilbog/rogean or be open for discussion between those deemed worthy of it. Unfortunately, the mere nature of the p99 forums often tanks any idea of fruitful conversation down the fucking toilet.