View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Thank you for your efforts! Your maps are really good. In particular, your Velketors maps are far superior to anything else I've run across.

Kudos!

One quick comment: There are some players out there (like me) who have added a few maps here and there to Zliz too. I notice you are careful to not step on the original Zliz maps, but you could accidentally step on other custom maps players may have added themselves.

Possible solution for consideration: Turns out, you don't have to number new maps in sequential order (map1.jpg, map2.jpg). You can actually use any number from 1-9 in there and it will work, so you could have (map1.jpg, map9.jpg) and Zliz will pick them up and display them. So, you could make your maps start at the top end of the range, likely preventing most if not all naming collisions, if that makes sense.

Example: I have added a gfaydark2 map that effectively zooms in on Kelethin. If you were to ever do one of you maps for Greater Faydark and released it as gfarydark2, you would collide with mine. If you instead released yours as gfaydark9, it will happily co-exist. If that makes sense.
Last edited by ewjax; 09-29-2021 at 07:01 PM..