View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hm i don't think much of what you say holds water. You're saying to let people play what they want to play, but the meta you're suggesting we preserve pigeon holes most people into following pretty linear paths. Nothing about changing the meta surrounding ZEMs would force people to play any way they don't want to play-- however as it stands, we have just that.

And saying "Oh well just join a guild and group that way!" is a copout of a response and anyone who has spent any significant amoutn of time in the game knows this. Same with "just make your own group!". While I'm not saying these can't work, I AM stating that they're not very reliable unless you are a tank, healer, or porter. More often than not you're going to find the melee dps/tanks sitting LFG at the ZL of the ZEM Hotspots are going to be more inclined to sit and wait for their turn in line rather than travel to the nearest hub, try to find a port, then travel to the stranger sending them a tell.

If the ZEM's weren't' concrete, the wiki wouldn't be directing people to the same zones, and you probably would see more diversity, contrary to what you've suggested.

Furthermore, I don't think the ZEM is explicitly doled out based on zone difficulty. Just look at the list of Kunark ZEM's and tell me that's true. You're telling me The Overthere is deemed more difficult than Nurga/Droga?
If it wasn’t for ZEM then everyone would go to the zones with the best loot like LGuk. It’s either loot or fast exp that is the driver. When you have ZEMs people chase the fast exp. get rid of those and people would go after the loot (which is what happened on classic pre-ZEM once people started figuring out where the best loot was).