View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hate to disappoint you but - do you seriously think that I remember what you're talking about? This has stuck in your craw for a decade?

Rules are rules, peace has to be kept, and in 2011 this was a volunteer project with 1200 players on at any given moment and 3 people AT MOST to deal with everything. The amount of disputes VASTLY exceeded the time available to address them. There's no self-doubt or hand-wringing over decisions. You don't expect you get them all right. You do the best you can and you move on.

You obviously knew what the rules were, but chose to push your luck regardless, and then really expected that you'd get to turn it into a ten hour jury trial? Over a forum account that takes 2 minutes to make? Ain't nobody got time for that. And nobody should feel bad for telling you to suck it up. Not even now.

But if you need to turn this thread into a group counseling session for ten year old complaints that no one can change, then be my guest. Personally I'd be embarrassed, but you clearly need the catharsis and closure.

It doesn't take anything away from me. I don't even remember who you are.
Was this in reply to me? You seem to have completely missed the point of my post.

You had nothing to do with my disciplinary, and i don't expect you to know or care. I am not looking for sympathy or some kind of ammends.

The point is, you said for every disciplinary there is someone who disagrees with it. I pointed out that is demonstrably wrong through my personal experience.

People have accused you of glossing over details, jumping to conclusions and a refusal to look back. I'm not saying your reply to me is doing exactly these things, nor am I willing to take heed to your haters and refuse to give you the benefit of the doubt, but i think this might be the last time I try to open a dialogue with you. It looks like such action may result in unpredictable consequences.

Anyway, good luck on your return to the post. All the volunteers here are what make the game, whether CSR, bug testers or players.
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-18-2019 at 02:04 PM..