View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it only happen in EQ? What if you have notepad open or your browser? Check for stuck keys like SHIFT, TAB, CTRL, Space... some of these are part of macros which would cause the cursor to jump around in conjunction with other key presses.
Only noticed this problem while playing p99. If it happened anywhere else I'd probably throw this computer out the window. The speed at which I type seems to not matter either, I will slow my typing down to a crawl and it just randomly moves the cursor or pushes other buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try disabling your laptop keyboard/mouse and using an external. This will rule out bad hardware. Overheating would not cause those specific issues.

It's also not an EQ bug, afaik.

You may also have to do a bit of detective work. When it happens, is anything eating up CPU time in the task manager? Does the HD activity light go nuts?
I use a wireless mouse, never the trackpad. I have not tested the "external keypad" hypothesis.

I have not noticed any other issues on my computer while this is happening, but I am planning on playing tonight and as soon as it starts happening I will minimize and look at the task manager and report back here.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Last edited by Expediency; 05-12-2016 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: .