View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fight at zone line - end up at 50% hp -> zone out mend to 75 -> zone in mend to 100% The original ability was on a 6 minute timer. I understand the client desyncs; I've seen it do just that, however it would be up to a few seconds off in live as though the client checked with the server to verify if it should be up or not.... With it being client controlled and refresh on zone or even /camp it's defeating the purpose of a timed ability.

Also it was never a nerf; if "in live" it now acts like that, they changed it. I can find posts that allude to the fact that you have to wait for mend to pop up.. no one ever mentions "just zone out and come back!" Surely someone in the first 4 years of EQ would've realized that and had all sorts of monkly advice about mend soloing being the best, but it's not, because that would be far too overpowered to be able to single pull a mob to the zoneline with the no agro mechanic in place, then solo it and zone back out for a complete heal. That defeats the consequences of soloing by removing ALL downtime from the equation.
If Rogean and nilbog want it changed back, because a monk can solo at the zone line better, then rock on. I cannot fix the client/server getting out of sync any other way than how I did it. I did not ask your permission to make the change in the first place.

Maybe I can get eqclassic people to check how the mechanic is coded into the trilogy client? Good grief. Go make your own server if you don't like it here.

You got any evidence that ranger bows should do critical hits in classic? Because that is on my list of things to nerf, that I have been intentionally ignoring.

Whiny whiny whiny.

Time to nerf some stuff, rather than fix things.

Haynar