View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right? If my target market segment was exhibiting widespread cynicism or disinterest, perhaps that wouldn't be so irrelevant if I was actually trying to appeal to something other than a niche market. Because niche doesn't pay the bills for large shops.
That cynicism extends to most topics on these forums or would if RnF didn't exist to quarantine the shitposting. If we don't give insightful feedback, than we are just placeholders for the customers a non-blizzard company would actually value, as irrelevant to the developers of that product as we claim that product is overall...except we can't speak for everyone else, only for our own small community. Saying it can't be done is absolutely true, but only for the person saying it. Jumping on stage and/or throwing things at the performer isn't going to get you an encore. I don't see where it's fun to heckle a comedian before they've even approached the microphone. Material takes time. And art doesn't have to rake in large quantities of cash or please audiences of all age groups in order to sustain its creator(s) and have lasting appeal. Ex.: Blade Runner 2049.

The same applies to projects like these. One of the heads at Sony stated years and years ago that classic EverQuest would not, could not be remade because the original files were lost or whatever. And yet, here we are playing that remake, across four different servers. A similar voice says Pantheon is vaporware when, in fact, the game has already secured enough funding. Even if trolling, it's not clever or interesting so dkp minus for lack of effort. This should go without saying, but modern MMORPGs aren't easy to make and even remaking an old one like EQ is incredibly time-consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found the big donater boys

Hope it pays off!
So far my only contribution to Pantheon has been pointing out statements that are either false or highly assumptive; yours just happens to be both.

Lead: Make your own server/game. Follow: Support and offer feedback. Get out of the way: Do nothing and hope it pays off.

A good way to do nothing? Don't state opinion as fact, don't make personal attacks against staff/devs, and don't speculate on outcomes based solely on previous experiences, the majority of which being unrelated. Of course, you can still do these things but there will be annoying people like me ready to argue the facts. As McQuaid stated in a recent reply on YouTube, "Every game I've worked on shipped."