View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst case is when you get a few procs in a row because the effect of the second or third procs goes mostly wasted. If expected proc rate is .5 PPM (due to bracer spam taking up many melee rounds), *useful* proc rate will be fractionally less. I do not think the difference is going to be enough to materially affect the outcome of the simulation. They're broadly similar, and they'll still be broadly similar after such adjustment.

I'm highly interested in clicks-per-minute between the two styles.
Oh I already took into account the JBB spam affecting number of swings. We are reducing the number of swings by half already to get the final 0.5 procs per minute number. The Ogre has 135 DEX, so normally they would have 1.3 procs per minute, which translates to 2.6 procs per 2 minute fight. The Blight Hammer has 47 delay, which means you get roughly 2 swings per 8 seconds. So you reduce the number of swings and procs by half. This means you actually get 0.65 procs per minute in my example, I just dropped it to 0.5 for easy numbers.

People also forget that we are not including white damage, and the Ogre can put on more DEX gear for extra proc rates. Trying to quibble over 1 DPS to try and make the DoTing Shaman look a bit better is not really helping the debate.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-29-2024 at 05:38 PM..