Thread: Spells: Lifetap resists
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if there was a patch message. I recall discussion of the +6 level thing, can't recall if it was started by a patch message tho (I started playing live in July of '99).
Necromancer Class Forum 2001

Quote:
Hehe man, it's so weird beiing a necro. At level 56 I was nearly useless on cazic thule, I used my dinky 49 pet and mana dumped to the clerics. This time around, at 57, the "magical number" was crossed and I could land spells on him. I hit him with 6x splurt (1600 a pop) 5x vexing mordania (1000 a pop) and about 2k in defluxes (plus a lil pet healing and lum/trox healing) for like 15-18k damage with pet. my group easily got exp (had a 57 wiz too, nobody died)
heh level caps are stupid.

now heres my off topic necro rant. i've been getting in some trouble lately cause I've been playing steps too much, the reason beeing frustration stemming from the same issues as Xargyn, playing a class Verant is so paranoid of overpowering they leave broken. On basically any dragon I'm 33% useless. With 2 necroes there I'm 17% useless. I just DMF and give 1/3 of a mana bar to a cleric. On basically every Uber mob in the game (excpet CT and INNY) 99% of necro spells are resisted, the exception being the ocassional pyrocuror that can stick and do all of 200 damage. Now lets look at spells left for me as I level up:
56 he was useless against Cazic-Thule (post-update who is level 65?... 9 level spread?). But at 57 he was fine.