View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore and Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should just be DPS races. Worked on live, would work here.
I've played on live with DPS racing...I honestly didn't mind the system. It felt like an even playing field to me. The rules were so simple too...you might get pissed when someone swoops in and KSs you, but at least you understood 100% what the rules were.

The big issue I have on p99 is that the built-in check to people being a dick on live was that the community was important. If you got labeled a ninja looter, KSer, trainer, etc. you were seriously jeopardizing your self on the server. One of the unintended consequences of the long-run static server is that this check has lost its bite. If you are a jerk there is no price to pay from the community.

I don't know what the fix is for that (other than starting over fresh on a green server --- which would eventually develop the same situation). I wouldn't be opposed to GMs releasing all character names on a player account if the player did something egregious on the pseudo-anonymous alt. People might think a little more about ruining their reputation.