View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Sarnak

Mage leveling guide:
*For the most part, this guide is indifferent to money value. Safe, fast exp is more enjoyable to me; and money is more attainable the higher you are*

level |place |mob |mob level

1-8 |EC |whatever |1-10: Bum buffs. You'll be at this for like 45 minutes. You might step on some toes, but be polite, it'll be over and you'll be self-dependant soon enough. Or, do whatever you like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It will go fast.

8-12 |CB slaver huts |orc legos |9-12: Don't be scared takin reds unbuffed, just remember to heal and not nuke aside from 1 lv. 1. If you go as left as possible from the zone-in up until the point where you come to the backside of the moat, you're in the general best area. But over by castle can be good too, just don't run along the backside of the moat if mobs are spawned.

12-16 |WK fields Eastish of QHills |scarecrows| 14-16: Five of them, they roam, most on one side of the large field. They stun, but I like them because they are easy to get single and are just the right amount. On the generic 7min outdoor timer. If you're evil, beware Tiny (I think?) Miller (lv. 35 good ogre).

16-22 |EK directions |Gorge Hounds | 16-18?: Lot to say. Directions: As you zone in, follow shore or path left to fake dru rings/bandit camp (bandits right of path). MOST gorge hounds are to the right of the path (as you face wall/dru/bandit), either above fork near bandit camp or below fork. There are so many of these in a small area, you will want to pull onto/past the path and watch for adds, or pull even closer to the wall for complete safety. Beware the evil eyes that you spawn while killing gorge hounds (at least pre-20). Kill griffawns and dark stalkers too.
You may be tempted to do crag spiders in EK. It's a more popular camp. These have a ton of health, hit hard, and poison (wrecks fire) - they are more of a necro mob, but if you can line up a buyer for spider silk or plan on tailoring yourself, they may be worth the slow exp.

22-29 |SK KFC/cent village | Aviaks/Centaurs |18-30: KFC is great, but overcrowded. It's almost due south of ZL. If it's not overcamped, kill everything that moves until some start to go light blue, then stick to the top tower more (although it won't be enough for you). Centaurs is a little less desirable, since chargers are lv. 30 and the cents are now social. Its almost due east of NK (slightly south). Best to be sharing the camp with one or two others who can lull in some way and will help you out occasionally with that, or have it to yourself so you can stick to safe pulls.
A plus here is that both places have vendors. KFC's is behind the top of the tower, Centaur's is one of the "Meadowgreens" in a circus tent thing.

29-39 |Unrest Basement |Everything: So. High Zone Exp. Modifier. Outdoors. Easy escape. ONE two-pull. ONE wanderer. Named mob in basement. Nameds at FP upstairs if it's open. FP is viable exp still for most of the range. You feel like king of the zone. At 34 (29 duo'd, don't let its level fool you, it heals at 40 and is quite a PitA), priest of Najena drops the key for mystic cloak quest which when turned in gives you a droppable letter to sell if you have yours. The beautiful thing about priest is that it's alone, and that because it has a 4-hr or 2-hr or w/e spawn, it's cloak is worth a pretty penny.

39-44 |Kedge Front room | 6 or 7 fishies: Ridiculously high ZEM. These little fishies will be pushovers (once split) to the extent where you don't chain-summon even though I told you to, 'cause you're always full mana. You'll have 10 min of afk time.
Here's the catches - You're going to have a hell of a time splitting it, if you didn't take the camp from someone. Wait for fishies to swim away, Set your pet on guard near the fallen pillar, and when the 1 who pats up aggroes, don't try it unless it's less than 3. Ideally 2. Just reclaim pet right as you zone out.
2nd - When the named spawns, he's kind of a pain. You need to keep full mana if the higher level one who is his PH is about to spawn. You don't want to lose your split and have to do it again.
3rd - It's buggy, pet attack DOES NOT WORK *unless the pet is inside the mob's model*. Try to get them to prox aggro your pet for the split (again), and expect to take some hits on the pull once it's split. Bring your bind wound skill, you'll take damage.

44-48 |Oasis/Feerrott/OoT |Spectres, and maybe Cyndreela or DW gobbies: Tough to get the Oasis camp, and even the feerrott camp. The OoT camp, to my understanding, is 4 specs sitting together. So you will have to be on your chain-petting game and if possible break up the spawn. Despite difficulty getting the camp, this is really the best way I've found. The money here is also excellent.
Re: Cyndreela/DWs -Cyndreela's (feerrott) pretty good exp but she seems to chain-cast lifetap, so she can be a PitA. DWs (oasis) can be tough to single, but if you pull directly out from one of the outside ones, you may only get 2 (one WILL aggro through wall) on the first pull. They are underwater behind the ramp up spec isle, and same level as spectres.

48-50 |OoT AC/Seafury |cyclops' and Seafuries: OK, remember what I said about being more about exp/enjoyable/safe camps? Well, you're lv. 48 now, so we can skip the exp part. Those spectres are light blue, and you may as well stop and smell the platinums. Or camp Jboots and kill the roamer cyclops there. Or *gasp* group. I'll post alternates, but if you do take this route, try to play off-peak. That almost goes w/o saying for most of these spots, but certainly for kedge/specs/seafuries.
Pre-49, seafuries will be a slow kill and you'll chain a pet every mob. Adds will be intense. So yes. 48 will suck. Do J-Boots imo.
Last edited by Noleafclover; 09-05-2010 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Now 23.5% less of a wall of text