View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't understand the post and clicked the link hoping it would be a video that I could understand and it was a post 10x bigger than this post that read exactly the same.
lol...

tl;dr Channeling is provably classically overpowered on P99 and I have made it classic including a code change patch and in game testing. This includes changing from 1 channeling roll per cast to a channeling roll for every time you get attacked during the cast and a completely reworked channeling formula that will make each of those rolls significantly less likely to succeed compared to today.

All of this is proven via archived posts from Rashere, EQ Lead Developer, and a decompile of the EQ Mac client by an EQEmu developer which confirms the same functionality that Rashere outlined.

I assume since this is irrefutably proven by these two things and I have done all the work to change the EQEmu code we'll be getting classic channeling soon. This means the game is about to be about 1000X more difficult than it is today.

It also means I will play again during the next Green launch and it will be glorious when no one can even get to level 20 without rage quitting.