View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so I recently scraped and indexed the Magician's Tower boards. While this thread is from 2002, I think it's still pretty close to the classic pet aggro behaviour as I remember it.

First, it's implied that the second pet would grab aggro pretty fast after the first one was dismissed, if not immediately:

This bit is about taking on multiple mobs. It's fairly explicit that the mob would go straight for the pet and not beeline to the mage if he hadn't built up any spell aggro:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040830...pic.php?t=2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a thread in era from the Casters Realm forums with mages talking about chain casting pet tactics:

Another thread about chaining pets to kill Gornit:

They don't go into specific detail about aggro behavior of the pets on the mobs but I thought I'd add them since they demonstrate this was a viable tactic in era.
This seems like good evidence that the mage chain summoning we're seeing on green is not how it should be. Please address this as it really changes the fundamental gameplay of the Magician class.