View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. "better skill caps" <- What does this have to do with anything? Doing damage in a SK or War / Sham duo has no baring on whether or not you win or lose.

2. berserk? With a shaman healing you exclusively you had better hope you're not relying on running low HP. Not to mention Shaman heals are incredibly inefficient except for Torpor which negates your damage dealing ability anyways.

3. Disciplines - useful, but for warriors their pretty much designed for raid situations or at least not at all attune to duoing with a shaman.

4. More weapon choices - true, but again no baring on whether or not you can effectively duo with a shaman.

5. Since when are SK life taps crappy? Torpor + life tap on any non-Int caster type mob is a legit win button.

It sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I'm not exactly breaking the story here when I say the best melee/healer duo is Monk/Shaman followed extremely closely by Sk/Shaman.

Also, I'm interested to know how you plan to break camps without Lull or FD? I suppose you could root, but doesn't sound very efficient.

Remember I came here asking for advice because I didn't know the answers to these things myself, and that I specifically mentioned that I knew little about SKs and warriors right off the bat. Given that, I would be better served with a post explaining why things work in a given way (such as "Warriors do more damage than shadowknights, sure, but because of X, Y, and Z, that doesn't actually make them work better when paired with a shaman") rather than asking me what more damage has to do with killing things better.

DERRRR, what was I thinking, eh? Imagine that, someone who is self-professed to not know the details of a class, going and thinking that doing more damage is a good thing when it comes to killing stuff.

I haven't already made up my mind, I just don't fall all over myself to let advice from others make up my mind for me, especially if it doesn't tell me WHY something is true rather just that it is.