View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Default Raiding proposal - Level the playing field

I wanted to put forth an idea, that's probably been discussed a hundred times. I believe one way to vastly improve the blue raid scene would be to start having 3-4 quakes per month. I think that at least 1 should be weekday 7cst, and one should be weekend 1pm. One for European Times, and then 1 per month that is random.

This would vastly reduce stinky socks, while still being very competitive. Doesn't increase item drops, or if it does it's just by a little. The big guilds will still get the high value targets, but smaller guilds will have a crack at some things. I believe it could also reduce petition quest a bit too. It's easier to pivot to another target if another guild beat you on assembling when you aren't all fighting over the only target that's up.

And lastly, it would be very fun. Imagine knowing a quake is coming every other week, can preplan with the family that they just don't get to talk to you that day. And logon and see how many targets your guild can get this time. And some could argue that this proposal is more classic-like than our current iteration. We had almost weekly repops for years on live.

GMs please consider this, even for one month as a trial. Thank you!
Last edited by rubicaant; 02-04-2021 at 10:47 AM..