View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be fun to trial for a month, but if you make that permanent you take away a lot of really fun competitive encounters (most Zlandi coths, all racing, ladyn/jorll coth RTE races). It's kind of like a pseudo rotation, in essence. Almost every encounter would be non-competitive except for the last few hours of NToV. Tightening up the windows twice (or even once) per month would be very welcomed though and would still give smaller guilds more targets.
yeah, there's def some points you'd need to work out, and I'm sure there's some unanticipated consequences that would pop up. My thinking is that if you just did the vulak/NToV change, then it would still allow for natural respawn of mobs in north, such that the coth races for doubles/trips, the foot race for ikatiar, etc., would all still be in play at times. Other zones would of course not be implicated.

It would even (quelle horreur) provide an interesting incentive for guilds to cooperate with one another. If Vulak spawn caused all of north to pop, the server could theoretically let vulak drift a bit from the rest of the names mobs in the wing, and then guarantee itself a second set of inner ring dragons every week. Just have to be willing to let vulak sit for a day, each spawn. maybe pick a single blocker to leave up as a kind of alarm so that if someone moves to snipe, others have time in advance to gather and contest.

Think most agree that blue raid scene needs something to accommodate competition while maybe discouraging the petitions, at least. Maybe not, though. I'm sure there's a fair number of people totally fine with how things are at present.